Leading provider of access control and room management systems for the premium hotel industry
Messerschmitt is a leading provider of access control and room management systems, as well as related after-market consumables and services to the global hotel industry. Founded in 1994 by Hartmut Messerschmitt, Messerschmitt has gained a reputation for combining system integration and product design, providing its clients with cutting-edge solutions which increase guest comfort and save energy.
The company has grown into a global market leader with a fully integrated value chain from development, engineering and manufacturing to supply, installation and the related aftersales market. IK Partners acquired Messerschmitt from its founder in a primary transaction in May 2017.
What Attracted Us to the Business
- Excellent product and service portfolio with successful innovation track record
- Strong and leading position in attractive market of global premium hotels with long-term growth drivers and outlook
- Long-standing relationships with key hotel groups and premium hotels in its core geographies
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Manage the transition from a founder-led organisation to an independent set-up and structure;
- Grow the business organically in existing key regions by expanding the salesforce and implementing an exclusive distribution partner network to broaden the international reach into adjacent markets in Europe and Middle East;
- Strategically develop and grow the after-market business via expansion of services; and
- Continue engaging in new product development and innovation.
Through Messerschmitt’s energy-efficient solutions, hotels can save energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint. Moreover, Messerschmitt is continuously driving sustainability-focused product innovation, recently with the introduction of an organic key card alternative made from biodegradable material.
“Messerschmitt Systems is a market leader in providing access control and customised room management systems for the global hotel industry. Since partnering with IK Partners, we’ve been able to capitalise on growth opportunities in our sector. I am excited to be working alongside them with a joint, continued focus on making operational improvements and growing the Company organically.”– Eduard Sworski, Chief Executive Officer