Leading Northern European printer of self-adhesive labels, banding and shrink sleeves
Optimum Group is a SME-focused printer of self-adhesive labels, banding and shrink sleeves, primarily serving the food and retail market with production locations across the Benelux, Germany and Denmark. The Company is one of the most active consolidators of the European label market, with six add-on acquisitions closed already under IK Partner’s ownership.
The investment was acquired in January 2018 from the founders and Mentha Capital.
What Attracted Us to the Business
- Growing and non-cyclical nature of the label printing market
- Strong positioning in the fragmented Northern European labels market
- Strong and long-term client relationships
- Significant potential for market consolidation driven by buy-and-build opportunities
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Drive expansion in speciality labels and digital printing technologies;
- Increase system integration of historical build-ups;
- Drive centralisation to extract synergies; and
- Continue buy-and-build strategy to consolidate the Northern European market.
Optimum Group is a leader in environmentally friendly label printing and aims to help its customers achieve their sustainability goals. Under the “Optimum Green” segment, the Company offers a broad range of labels using either less material, recycled and/or recyclable materials as well as compostable materials. In addition, it offers associated services including liner recycling.
Furthermore, Optimum Group has set an ambitious Corporate Social Responsibility programme, aimed at reducing the environmental impact of the Company’s own operations.
Quote from the Client
“With IK’s support the Optimum Group is well on its way to grow from a local group to the Northern European market leader.”
Theo Noordman, Founder