Leading group of higher education schools in communication, digital and creative studies
Founded in 1961, GEDH is an independent player in the private higher education sector, operating seven education brands in France – EFAP (Communication), ICART (Art and Culture Management), EFJ (Journalism), BRASSART (Digital Creation), MOPA (Animation), CREAD (Architecture) and ESE (Economics), and a private university in Spain CESINE (Design, Marketing and Communication). GEDH offers 3-5 year certified programs across 20 campuses in France and abroad.
Benefitting from a strong network of international partners from the corporate and academic world, GEDH has developed a unique pedagogy focused on professional exposure and work experience. The campuses have around 10,200 students and 35,000 alumni throughout the world.
In July 2022, IK Partners reinvested in GEDH alongside FABI, Quilvest and management.
What Attracted us to the Business
- Steadily growing high education markets
- Resilient and downside-protected business model
- Strong management team
- Track record of organic growth and bolt-on expansions
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Sustain student enrolment through continued investment into sales, marketing, digitalization and partnerships;
- Continue to broaden program offering;
- Deploy the Group’s brands across existing campuses and new greenfield developments;
- Integrate recent bolt-on acquisitions and continue market consolidation in France and internationally.