Leading specialist in immune monitoring
Founded in 1986, Mabtech (“the Company”) is a Swedish biotech company specialising in immune monitoring and has gained worldwide recognition for its high-quality antibodies and technical innovation capabilities. Mabtech is viewed as a pioneer within the growing detection platform techniques of ELISpot and FluoroSpot. Mabtech’s products are used by researchers and companies worldwide to study immune responses in, for example, cancer, allergy and infectious diseases as well as to monitor vaccine trials. In March 2021, Mabtech launched its first ever CE-labelled IVD test, a T-cell test for COVID-19.
To complement its offering, the Company successfully entered the instruments market by launching its first reader, IRIS, in December 2018. The Company is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and has a sales office in Cincinnati, US.
IK Partners acquired Mabtech from the founders in December 2019.
What Attracted us to the Business
- High-quality product offering
- Leading position in a rapidly growing niche segment of the large antibody-based immunoassays market
Our Value Creation Strategy
We will work alongside management to:
- Capitalise on structural growth drivers of single-cell testing where Mabtech’s leadership position provides opportunity to outgrow a fast-growing market;
- Expand current offering by adapting existing antibodies to alternative test methods;
- Accelerate growth in China and the US and complement existing products to further penetrate current therapeutic areas; and
- Strengthen commercial focus and finance organisation.
The Company has been ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified since 2006.
Quote from the Client
“With IK, we believe to have found the right partner for our next phase of growth.”
Niklas Ahlborg, Former Chief Executive Officer, Mabtech