Leading provider of specialist infrastructure services
Headquartered in Chorley, United Kingdom and founded in 2017, Ipsum (“the Company”) is a leading provider of specialist infrastructure services to highly critical assets within the UK power and water markets. Ipsum provides a range of asset maintenance, upgrade and repair services to owners of power and water infrastructure.
The Company has over 550 employees spread across its 14 hubs, providing 24/7 coverage nationally and serving over 1,400 clients across the UK, including regulated public sector bodies, government-backed organisations and private customers.
IK Partners acquired Ipsum in May 2023 from Aliter Capital with the Company’s management team reinvesting alongside IK.
What Attracted Us to the Business
- Large and resilient market with strong tailwinds
- Clear business focus driving increased quality
- Robust financial profile
- Growth plan underpinned by existing customers
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Support Ipsum’s existing clients on their journey towards sustainability, energy transition and a low carbon agenda and grow the Company’s presence across new high growth markets;
- Build nationwide coverage through an accelerated buy-and-build strategy; and
- Further develop Ipsum’s use of technology to support its service offering.
Quote from the Client
“We strongly feel that a partnership with IK will help us develop further and achieve growth by scaling and refining operations, while continuing to pursue a successful M&A strategy. We look forward to working with the team at IK and are excited to see where this partnership will take us.”
Richard Thomas, Chief Executive Officer, Ipsum