Full-service machine and equipment rental company
Renta (“the Company”) is a full-service equipment rental company offering construction machines and equipment, modular on-site facilities, scaffolding, weather protection and related on-site services.
The Company was founded in 2016 when three smaller local Finnish rental players merged to form the basis of Renta’s organisation in Finland, which has since grown into the Nordics and Poland through greenfield expansion and M&A. Today, the business has over 1,000 employees operating over 100 depots serving a large pool of customers across a wide range of industries, including construction, renovation, infra, industry, services and other. Management has a strong ambition to expand its depot coverage in current geographies, build a complete service offering across its depots, enter new markets in Europe and roll out its industry leading digital solutions to improve customer experiences and internal fleet management.
IK Partners acquired Renta alongside management and reinvesting employees.
What Attracted us to the Business
- Leading market positions in covered geographies
- Decentralised, local and customer-centric business model
- Industry leading digital capabilities enabling a high utilisation of the modern and young fleet
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Continue growing nationwide depot coverage and roll out digital solutions in all home markets;
- Strengthen Renta’s service offering in existing markets through M&A and continued development of digital platform; and
- Enter new markets to establish Renta as a leading European rental player.
- Important enabler in the circular economy contributing to efficient use of machines
- Monitors and takes actions to minimise work-related accidents and improve equality of employees
- Has tracking and governance practices in place to minimise carbon footprint.
Quote from the Client
“We all have a lot to do in developing our digital and sustainable rental services, together with expanding operations to new geographies. I’m convinced that IK, with their international network, is the perfect partner for Renta as we embark on the next stage of development.”
Kari Aulasmaa, Chief Executive Officer, Renta Group