IK launches Benelux and UK Development Capital strategy and promotes five to Partner
IK Partners (“IK” or “the Firm”), a leading European private equity (“PE”) firm, is pleased to announce that it has launched its Development Capital strategy in the Benelux and UK. The Development Capital pool sits within the IK Small Cap III Fund and invests between €10 million and €25 million in minority or majority situations to support growing businesses across the Firm’s core sectors of Business Services, Healthcare, Consumer and Industrials.
The Development Capital strategy in the Benelux will be led by Frances Houweling, who has been promoted to Partner and is based in IK’s Amsterdam office. She joined IK in 2013 and previously sat within the Benelux Small Cap team where she was involved in a range of transactions, including the recent 2Connect and Plastiflex transactions. Frances is also Chair of the Dutch Committee for Level20.
The strategy in the UK will be led by Simon May, who joined IK in 2020 and has also been promoted to Partner. Simon previously sat within the UK Small Cap team where he was involved in both the Forthglade and DA Languages transactions.
In addition, IK is delighted to announce three further promotions to Partner across the Firm’s Paris, Stockholm and Hamburg offices:
- Morgane Bouhenic – Small Cap Investment Team, Paris
- Henrik Geijer – Small Cap Investment Team, Stockholm
- Joachim Dettmar – Operations Team, Hamburg
Christopher Masek, Chief Executive Officer at IK, commented: “Reflective of the continued growth and success of our Firm, it is with immense pride that we have promoted five exceptional colleagues to the partnership in recognition of their achievements and longstanding commitment to IK. These individuals display significant potential to carry on delivering outstanding results for investors and drive numerous value creation initiatives within our portfolio companies.
We are especially thrilled to have Frances and Simon as our first Development Capital Partners in the Benelux and UK respectively. These are among the largest PE markets in Europe, so this is a logical next step for us as we continue deploying funds across our successful investment platform with a presence in key markets across the continent. We believe their experience, both at IK and prior, coupled with their broad professional networks, will position the Development Capital strategy for considerable success in the future.”
Frances Houweling, Partner at IK, commented: “The launch of Development Capital in the Benelux is a natural progression for IK as we aim to increase our presence in these important markets for the Firm. I look forward to being a part of the growth of this strategy throughout 2023 and beyond.”
Simon May, Partner at IK, commented: “I am delighted to be launching our Development Capital strategy in the UK, leveraging the success of the strategy across Europe and the Firm’s growing presence in the UK market. We aim to build on IK’s position as the leading investment partner for Europe’s small and medium-sized businesses.”
For further questions, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0) 7787 558 193
- Frances Houweling joined IK in 2013 and is the Partner responsible for the Development Capital Investment team, based in Amsterdam.
- She specialises in the Healthcare sector and has been involved in several transactions across the Benelux region.
- Prior to joining IK, Frances worked at J.P. Morgan, having gained an MSc in Finance and a BSc in Economics from the University of Groningen.
- Simon May joined IK in 2020 and is the Partner responsible for the Development Capital Investment team, based in London.
- Sitting within the Industrials sector team, he is jointly responsible for portfolio investments across the UK.
- Prior to joining IK, Simon was a Partner at Graphite Capital in London and began his career with PwC, having graduated from the University of Bath with a first-class honours degree in Mathematics.
- Morgane Bouhenic joined IK in 2017 and is in the Small Cap Investment team, based in Paris.
- Sitting within the Healthcare sector team, she is jointly responsible for portfolio investments across France.
- Prior to joining IK, Morgane worked at Bridgepoint and L.E.K consulting in Paris and Boston. She holds an MSc in International Management and Strategy from HEC Paris and a CEMS degree from the VSE University of Prague.
- Henrik Geijer joined IK in 2019 and is in the Small Cap Investment team, based in London.
- Sitting within the Healthcare sector team, he has substantial transaction and board membership experience.
- Prior to joining IK, Henrik worked at Adelis Equity Partners in Stockholm and with the Bank of America Merrill Lynch. He holds a BSc in Economics and Business Administration from the Stockholm School of Economics.
- Joachim Dettmar joined IK in 2019 and is in the Operations team, based in Hamburg.
- He has extensive experience in management consultancy and PE and is responsible for the operational optimisation and support of portfolio companies.
- Prior to joining IK, Joachim was a Partner with H&Z and LEK Consulting, having gained a PhD in Applied Mechanics / Engineering from the University of Stuttgart.